Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday in London

I had a quiet day. I met our future landlord for Toronto, he happened to be visiting London. We met in the pub down the road. One of the first 'organic pubs' in London. The food was very good. We signed a contract for a year which takes us through to July 2010! I'm also trying to sort out our rental agreement for the 6 months we will be Auckland. I have found something in Epsom which should be fine. The recent rental in Melbourne isn't quite tidied up yet either.

Tonight I went to another concert at the Wigmore Hall, a Ravel piano trio and Messiaen'a Quartet for the end of time. A powerful work written while he was in a Nazi concentration camp, scored for the unusual combination of paino cello violin and clarinet. These were the professional musicians that were with him in the concentration camp.

Tomorrow I think I will do a few more museums.

No comments:

Followers