Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Edinburgh, Inverary, Oban

We left Edinburgh for Glasgow. We both enjoyed Edinburgh. Its far less busy than London, the people are more relaxed and friendly. It was good to stay in the same place for more than one night. The Wallace girls were great hosts and we felt very welcomed and well looked after. I hope we can return the favour in Auckland or Toronto. We drove to Glasgow. BBC radio 4 has had some great programmes and has been a good travelling companion. We drove through Glasgow but didn’t stop. It is only 50 minutes from Edinburgh to Glasgow. It didn’t take very long at all to get into scenic country side. Loch Lomond is Scotland’s largest lake and only 30 minutes out of Glasgow. We stopped in a small town on the edge of the lake called Luss, you guess it, another tea.co.uk recommendation. The scones were the best so far, they were large, light and tasty. I talked D into having one as well as the large piece of apple pie he had already had. I got the recipe out of the proprietor. I look forward to trying this out, 3 heaped teaspoons of baking powder to 200g of flour. It started to snow at Inveraray. The scenery was very spectacular. We made it to Oban and found a good Hotel doing a B&B special of 50 pounds. The hotel felt almost empty. We had a very average meal in town after walking in and out of a few pubs.

No comments:

Followers