Saturday, December 13, 2008
Cambridge - London
Well it’s nice to be back in London which marks the end of 3 weeks of travel around the UK. Today also marks 5 weeks of being on Holiday with just over 3 and ½ weeks to go. This morning I was up early and left the B+B to have a look around Cambridge. Before I knew it I found myself on a road heading out of town and towards London. I feel slightly guilty that I didn’t have a good look around but it can be tiring sightseeing all the time and I’m sure I‘ll get the opportunity in the future. The trip to London was wet but otherwise not too bad. Being a Saturday the traffic was OK and the Sat Nav guided me right to the front door of Stanley’s house in Islington where we are staying. After dropping off my gear we took the car back to the rental place (looking a little dirty from all its travel) . They did the most cursory of checks looking for damage. Even if there had been a big dent I doubt they would have found it. Afterwards we went for a coffee at Carluccio’s and returned to Stanley’s for a relaxing afternoon. For dinner we went to a place called S+M cafe (Sausage and Mash for those who were concerned that our blog was going to require an R rating!). I had Toad in the Hole with Mushy Peas followed by Toffee Pudding and Custard. Mark and Sausages and Mash followed by Bread and Butter pudding. To drink we both had Dandelion and Burdock. This evening I’ve been to see another Musical – Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Sunset Boulevard in a cut-down production where the actors sing, act and are also the orchestra. It’s become a recent trend in musical theatre and can work very well but not this time. It was entertaining but not one of the better things I’ve seen. Mark went to Wigmore Hall and heard Messiaen's "Vingt Regards l'Enfant-Jésus". That’s it for now. No big plans tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment