I started today with a trip into Halifax city centre to do a little bit of christmas shopping, to buy a map of Halifax and to find some Wagon Wheels (chocolatey biscuits that I remember from being a child). Unfortunately I was unsuccesful with he last two things. It was nice however to explore the town centre some more. I'm starting to appreciate its unique character. Afterwards I took a drive along Manor Heath to King's Cross where my Great Aunt Kathy used to live. It was here where I proposed to my cousin Georgia when I was five. Great Auntie Kathy also gave me my very own pet snails! I wasn't very sure which house was hers.
It was now lunchtime so I went to visit my Grandmother. We went on a driving trip to Hebden Bridge and Haworth returning home in the dark along some very narrow country lanes.
I've had a nice quiet night at Squirel Cottage eating ready-to-go shepherd's pie from Sainsbury followed by Yorkshire Brack. It's beginning to dawn on me that my time here is nearly over. I haven't been here nearly long enough. I'm off to Leeds tomorrow to meet an old school friend.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment