I sat in Border's in Islington and read a few magazines. I learnt that the original Mr Gay UK is now in prison for murdering his boyfriend, cooking and eating some of him. Sir Cliff Richards has announced that he has a long term companion. Cardinal Newman's grave was exhumed recently, all in preparation for him being declared a saint. This has angered some gay activists as his is buried with his boyfriend Ambrose St John.
I then caught the 38 bus into town and had lunch in the crypt of St Martins. 5 pound for soup and bread and pudding with brandy sauce, I think I will be going back. I spend a few hours in the National Gallery, the most impressive collection of works I have ever seen and not too busy today. The new Sainsbury wing wasn't there last time I was in London.
This evening I went back to Brompton Oratory for mass on the feast of the immaculate conception. The choir are very good, the best Ive heard in London and the congregation were much better behaved, though the guy next to me continuously said Hail Marys throughout the service, was a little distracting!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment