Thursday, November 13, 2008


I’m writing this retrospectively so my memory is a bit vague about what we did. We’ve also been slack at taking photos but I’m going to make more effort. On Friday I went to see a new musical called Imagine This. It was on at the New London theatre which used to be the home of Cats. I really enjoyed the show although it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea – a musical set in the Ghetto in World War II about Jews putting on a play about Jews being slaughtered by Romans and choosing to commit mass suicide rather than surrender – I told you it wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea! I liked it because it was a new story with new music and not some collection of rock songs with an unintelligible storyline which seems to be what most London shows are at the moment. Unfortunately the critics didn’t like it and it only received 2/5 stars in the major papers. I don’t expect it will last long.


The only other thing I can remember doing is buying a very very warm jacket – the sort you could wear in subzero Toronto I expect. Not very glamorous but you can’t be fashionable and warm!

No comments:

Followers